I have an awesome idea and I am not even drunk! Who wants to collectively write a Looking Glass Wars/GoT-inspired (inspired by all the news articles about them) soap about alcohol drinkers and brewers?
When I say inspired, I mean very loosely. I have not read books of any of the two, nor have I seen GoT. I also don't remember Alice in Wonderland, except for "off with their heads!" The only criterion is that there will be many wars and much backstabbing.
Here is the plot so far. It is an RP (roleplay), so there is not much of one, until YOU write it.
THIS SOAP WILL BE ABOUT A WAR FOUGHT BETWEEN BOURBON (WHICH I'VE NEVER TASTED) AND CIDER-DRINKERS, IN THE MIDST OF AN ONGOING WAR BETWEEN BEER AND WINE-DRINKERS. THE WINE-DRINKERS WILL ALSO HAVE A WAR AMONGST THEMSELVES, BETWEEN RED AND WHITE. THERE WILL BE ESPIONAGE, AND THE DRINKERS AND THE BREWERS MAY NOT ALWAYS BE ON THE SAME SIDE, BECAUSE ALL THE DRINKERS WANT THEIR ALCOHOL FOR CHEAP AND THE BREWERS ARE ALL LIKE, HELL, NO.
coldhandswarmheart's "much loved apple crisp wheat beers would be the unloved bastard child of the beers and cider clan." There will also be occasional musical numbers.
Because we are online, there will be gifs and YouTube videos.
don juan's reckless daughter is a part of the peacekeeping delegation between the Red and White families, and also a rebel trying to foment unrest among the brewers because she(?) knows who the REAL ENEMY is
Only non-combatants have really powerful magic.
Hard alcohol drinkers are the mafia, and their socioeconomic class is correlated with the type of alcohol they consume.
- indicate if you are interested in writing here / I will update this post with a writing order in a few days if this actually takes off
- 8/25: Pyrax
- 9/8: whosits
- 9/22: Rainbow Bright Eyes
- 10/6: Iroqdemic
- writers post to GT once every two weeks (Sundays because Sundays are not exciting enough here) with their contribution / posts are as long as you like
- the tag is "THE ALCOHOL WARS"
- everybody drinks while reading it (also the reason for Sundays). THIS IS SO WE CAN READ ABOUT ALCOHOL WHILE WE ALCOHOL, LIKE WE WATCH FOOD NETWORK WHILE WE EAT, LIKE WE...
- The comments section = peanut gallery. The peanut gallery is allowed to say whatever, and writers have the option of stealing your plot ideas. Mostly, though, you are there to throw metaphorical peanuts and comment on the writing.