We've had a couple posts on everyone's favorite recipe blogs. What are other resources that you recommend for cooking that are not *just* recipe blogs? (ETA: recipe blogs that are more than just a list of instructions are being included. See BingoCarlos's example. I just want to hear more than Smitten Kitchen :/ )
If you can think of some, comment and I'll add it to the list.
- The inspiration for this post was supercook.com, which someone just showed me today. If you have leftover ingredients in your pantry, Bagelandlocksley, you can input them into the recipe generator and it will output recipes for you to try. It will even tell you when you only need one other ingredient to make a certain recipe.
- mywholefoodlife.com "has tons of food and additive information", in addition to recipes (Bingo,Carlos)
- How to Cook Real Good Cheap Easy Food (MisfitToy)
- budgetbytes.com was the subject of another post on GT
- How to Cook Everything iPad app (JennyApples)
- http://www.onlineconversion.com/ and http://www.onlineconversion.com/cooking_butter… (lurkerbynature)
- foodgawker.com (singsyoursong)
- America's Test Kitchen
- VIDEO blogs: woodlandbakeryblog.com and foodwishes.com (FreeSampleThief)
- lurkerbynature also recommends a binder with plastic sleeves so you don't mess up your computer
- Julia Child Volumes 1&2 (JessPhilopater, who I keep wanting to call JessPhilosoraptor)
- The Flavor Bible (JessPhilopater and lots of other people)
- Joy of Cooking (HermioneStranger)
- How to Cook Everything (Violet_Baudelaire)
- Good Housekeeping early 80s cookbook (jennyapples)
- On Food And Cooking, Harold McGee (Darklighter)
If I missed something, I'll be through again later. I have work to do!