Things are moving along here. I had to move the hoop today so I gave it a bit of an iron and took a full-length photo.
I’m a little bothered by how grubby it’s getting and I’m not really sure what to do about it aside from keeping my hands as clean as I can and giving up on days when everything is just really sweaty. I could spot-clean it, but we still have 2 years to go here so I’m not sure that’s the best option. But I don’t want to leave grime on it for 2 more years, either. Maybe I’ll talk to my dry cleaning guy and see what he suggests because he’s a wizard.
I’m working my way down the right leg now, which is the Blue Lion. This is the first part of the pattern I edited and it shows in some of the clunkier lines and edging that I’m coming across. I’m making some tweaks here and there to smooth it out. There is less fussy detail in this section, so the stitching is going pretty quickly!
I just realized that instead of rolling up the extra fabric finished-side out, I could roll it the other way and keep it a little cleaner. I’m a complete dumbass because this LITERALLY JUST OCCURRED TO ME 30 seconds ago.
S M R T
Anyway, I’ll try that and see how it goes. I secure the extra fabric with hair clips, and had to go into Walmart (which I am allergic to doing) to find a GIANT one because it’s getting bulky!