A few weeks ago there was a selfie thread in which I mentioned that listening to true crime podcasts is a way I deal with work-related stress.
A bunch of people asked me what I listened to, I got distracted by work or sleep, and then it went poof before I could respond.
Right now I like (not an exhaustive list):
- Wine and Crime (check out the White Male Terrorism episode first)
- Small Town Murder
- Crime in Sports
- ...And That’s Why We Drink (true crime/paranormal)
- About Damn Crime (made by and features POC)
- In Sight
- The Fall Line (focuses on marginalized people and often involves their family members)
- Nothing Rhymes With Murder (focuses on an a different country each episode)
- Killifornia Dreaming
I will not listen to Sword and Scale (google Mike Boudet, he’s a creep.) I’ve also grown deeply ambivalent about My Favorite Murder (mediocre white woman city.) It’s a genre in which it’s really, really easy to mess up, though.