In the past few months I have had a memory of reading a sci-fi/fantasy book as like a 5th or 6th grader (around 1995), and it’s been driving me nuts because I can’t remember enough of it to string a plot together or find it again. It’s going to sound like I don’t know much about it but what I do remember is that I FUCKING LOVED IT and read it a million times. I have a shitty memory, obviously, but I would like to find it again to revisit it. Things I remember about it:
- Involved some sort of combo time/space travel
- Chrysanthemums were significant
- Butterflies were significant
- It’s where I learned what “quantum physics” was
- This is a guess but I assume the protagonist was a girl because I only ever wanted to read books about girls.
ETA: originally forgot that I also wanted to hear about other books you liked as a kid/teen.