It has come to my attention that some people have a low opinion of one Richard Starkey, MBE. However, he remains my favorite Beatle. Why? Because. (Full dislosure: I share an astrological sign with Ringo) Here are some actual reasons:
- Ringo is the Gonzo of the Beatles: lovable, cuddly, and misunderstood. Yes, he only wrote a couple songs, but the Beatles wouldn't be the Beatles without him.
- He got along with all the other fellas, playing with them individually whenever he could.
- Cher performed a novelty song about him!
- He had a backup plan if the being-a-Beatle thing didn't work out.
- He was the best actor of all of them.
- When Paul was knighted, Ringo and George took to calling him "Your Holiness."
- HE ALWAYS HAD FUN AS A BEATLE.