1. When modcloth does a 40% off sale, basically they get my whole paycheck. Now they have created a modcloth outlet - I am doomed!
2. That said, the one thing that keeps me from buying stuff there is how variable their sizes are - and how horrible I am at returning stuff (esp since in NYC you can no longer put even soft squishy packages in mailboxes - you have to go to a post office - UGH!). They have a shop in NYC - and it’s like appointment only or something. I wish you could order stuff to be delivered there to try on and decide whether or not to buy them.
3. Eloquii is having a big sale today so I looked at their stuff and couldn’t find a single thing I liked. Now that they don’t have discount codes, I can’t really bring myself to shop there anyway.
4. They used to carry a lot of cute peplum tops that I loved for wearing with skirts (tucked in) because they were structured and fitted and made a really nice fit and flare silhouette with full skirts. The tops on sale there now are not my style. Boo!
5. I wear a lot of super cheap waist length 3/4 sleeve cardigans in the summer and I usually get them from old navy. But this year they only have long ones with long sleeves. BOO!!!
6. My summer clothing goal is basically 50's housewife meets nerdy academic chic. It is hard for me to find good shoes to go with that. I basically wear converse or my adidas tennies bc I need comfy flats with good support (I have some cute oxfords too, but they aren’t as comfy) that always make me ready to walk for miles. I found some super cute platform converse mary janes (see below) that I NEED, but they were sold out in my size everywhere. I finally found a pair and ordered them and they sent me the wrong size (6.5 and I ordered 10.5) and now they are all sold out!!!!
7. Wait - when I was searching for the converse mary janes just now, I found these:
I kind of love them - but will they make me look like a toddler?
I like these too!
What are your complaints?